May 24, 2015

MAKING A MIDORI FELT INSERT

Today I attempted to make a Midori insert for cards and miscellaneous items from felt material. It wasn't hard and once you got the measurements right and cut to perfection using a rotary cutter, the sewing part was a breeze. Or so I thought. This was the end product:

Handmade Midori Felt Insert!

It doesn't look bad, and it really wasn't that hard... except for the fact that I kept getting the strings tangled up creating this massive blob of knotted strings at the back of the material (oops). But if you weigh up the costs to what you might find on etsy etc. going handmade maybe isn't so bad.. especially if you're trying it out for the first time, and aren't too sure if a professionally made item is right for you.

Here's a list of the materials I used, from where I purchased and the total costs:
1- Navy blue felt from Lincraft x 2 - $0.98
2- Scissors
3- Sewing machine

Seeing that I already had the last two items at home (and I'm sure you would too), the total cost of this project was less than $2. Pretty cheap if you asked me. And if things don't work out, I won't even feel bad for leaving it in a corner to collect dust. Hah

No comments:

Post a Comment